D O M A I N E D U S E I G N E U R firstname.lastname@example.org
The promise of Great Wines
When the 1992 World’s Best Sommelier and two passionate vine growers decide to give birth to a wine, the outcome is likely to ravish all the wine lovers.
50% sommelier 50% vine grower is a blend that, we hope, will lead to numerous great wines – really authentic and of a deep generosity !
The estate, created in 1967 by Jean Duseigneur, covers 30 hectares. As from 1997, thanks to his sons Bernard and Frédéric, the domain has been meeting the requirements of organic agriculture and was fully converted to Bio-dynamic farming in 2004. Philippe Faure-Brac, World’s best Sommelier 1992,became partner of the Estate in 2007.
Respect of the soils and of the vine stocks are two essential values of ours. The soils, made of red clay and stones on top of a layer of sand give this terroir a very specific expression.
The mistral, by cleaning fogs and humidity, accelerate the grape’s maturity, giving an exceptional concentration to the great years.
The reward of our efforts is the quality of our grapes.
TO GIVE BIRTH TO AN EMOTION AND TO SHARE IT
Our wines express the pleasure we take in making them. An experience born from the trilogy of our terroir, our passion and a respect for nature’s contribution.
Philippe Faure-Brac is involved in every step of the wine making process : blending decisions, ranking of the cuvées, ageing methods.
THE FIRST TWO CUVEES
Issued from the same plot (16 hectares) planted in Grenache, Syrah and Mourvèdre, the two cuvées are nevertheless very distinct. The yields are low (30hl/ha) and the age of the vines is 40 years for the Côtes du Rhône Villages Laudun, and 25 years for the Côte du Rhône Villages.
–Côtes du Rhône Villages Laudun Red 2005
60% Grenache, 40% Syrah
This wine requires a very special attention – like the rigorous sorting of the best grapes – and cannot be produced every year.
– 16/20 : Revue des Vins de France (August 2007)
– 18/20 : Magazine Terre de Vins (June 2007)
– 16/20 : Grand guide des vins de France 2008 (Bettane & Desseauve)
• Deep, bright garnet-coloured, complex nose of fruit (blackberry, cherry) and spices (white pepper, clove), with a distinctive minerality. The palate, strong and broad, is well balanced by soft and long tannins to offer you a real tasting treat. (Philippe Faure-Brac)
• More extracted, dense and concentrated, a modern vinification with supple tannins. Well structured, nicely spiced with a light taste of wood in the end of mouth. Wonderful harmonious and velvety success. (Bettane & Desseauve)
–Côtes du Rhône Villages Red 2005
60% Grenache, 20% Syrah et 20% Mourvèdre
A real wine for pleasure.
– 15/20 : Magazine Terre de Vins (June 2007)
– 14.5/20 : Grand guide des vins de France 2008 (Bettane & Desseauve)
• The garnet-coloured robe is attractive.
The nose reflects the black fruits (blackberry and bilberry) with an asserted minerality.
The palate is generous, finishing with balanced tannins. (Philippe Faure-Brac)
• Nose of black fruits, fresh, nice texture in mouth,
svelte and spicy tannins. A pleasant and natural wine. (Bettane & Desseauve)
–Lirac Rosé 2006
40% Mourvèdre, 40% Grenache, 20% Syrah, 20% Cinsault
Vines of 30 years of age.
Low yields: 30hl/ha.
The bleeding is carried out after 10 hours of maceration with indigenous yeast pre-selected in a Pied de Cuve.
Follows 3 months of batonnage on fine lies in a cement tank.
– 15/20 : Review Terre de Vins (June 2007)
Salmoned ruby colour. Intense nose of raspberries and redcurrant. Balanced palate, fresh and ample.
WE DEVELOPP OUR EXPORT ACTIVITES
You can also consult our web site : www.domaineduseigneur.com
With best regards Bernard Duseigneur
Rue Nostradamus – 30126 Saint Laurent des Arbres – France
Tel : +33(0)466 500 257 – Fax : +33(0)466 504 357
Web: www.domaineduseigneur.com – E-mail : email@example.com